frolic

June 27, 2011

Envy

I have a terrible case of envy these days.  I know it's wrong, but it's true.

I have vacation/beach envy. I want to take a family vacation so badly this summer before #2 gets here.  It's just not in the cards for us with hubby having been out of work for a month and me about to be out of work for a month.  All our savings is going toward bills.  That's an ugly word.

I guess I will just live vicariously through all my friends that are on vacation or will be soon.  Enjoy every moment.  Next summer, come you know what or high water, we will be going somewhere.  I'm already saving for that 10 year anniversary trip.  It's something I've never done before and I sooo hope I can continue to talk the hubby into it and he can actually get off work.  That's a whole other blog post in an of itself.  Shift work SUCKS.

I also have new car envy.  It seems like everyone I know close to me is getting something new.  My bro just got a brand new truck.  Nice.  Hubby wants a gas efficient car to drive to work once my car is paid off.  He seems to forget he bought a motorcycle for gas efficiency.  Oh yeah, and we still owe almost the same on it as we do my car.  Makes a non-car payment seem impossible.

I love my sweet little Altima. It has A/C and punch button start.  And it's sooo close to being ALL mine.  I just have to keep telling myself that.  No car payment sure does sound nice.

One can still dream though, right?
Post a Comment