frolic

June 20, 2011

Agape

Since yesterday was Father's Day, I wanted to post something that was from my Heavenly Father, via the first preacher I ever remember.  He was the one who helped lead me to Christ and was a wonderful, wonderful man who left this Earth too soon but was excited to be continuing his eternal life with the Lord in Heaven.  He said this at the end of EVERY sermon he ever preached.  I even had someone read it at the end of my wedding.  So special to me.

Agape

God loves us, and He demonstrated that love when He sent His only son Jesus into the world.  

Jesus loves us, and He demonstrated His love for us by dying on the cross for our sins.  He demonstrated His power over our two greatest enemies, sin and death, when He rose from the grave on the third day.

He has gone to be with the Father but before He left, He made us a promise that He was going to prepare a place for us and would come again to take us to live with Him in Heaven.  All He asks is for us to demonstrate our love for Him by living for Him.


Thank you Bro. Bill.  We miss you.
Post a Comment