frolic

June 23, 2011

30 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 30 Weeks
Wow! Where has the time gone, seriously?

Size of baby: Baby is about the size of a cabbage and is almost 3 pounds.
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/ingredients-guide/cabbage-00000000039271/index.html


Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 30 lbs. 1 pound a week.  ICK.

Gender: It's a GIRL!!

Movement:  I don't know what I was so worried about in the beginning.  This child plans on being in the Women's Fifa World Cup in 2027 or 2031.  She kicks my insides constantly, day and night.  I'm not complaining but she does have to sleep at some point right?  Why not the same time as me?

Sleep: I'm lucky if I get 3 hours of continuous sleep at night.  I'm tired.  I would give my left arm at this point to sleep 6 straight hours without waking up.  Maybe in 10 years.  Ok, hopefully just a few more months.

What I miss: Being in shape. Not that I was ever in GREAT shape but I'm in terrible shape now.  Luckily, I have a plan in place starting in late Sept. or early Oct. depending on when baby girl makes her entrance.

Cravings:  I'm getting to where I'm not STARVING as much. I guess I'm running out of room.  But once I start eating a snack around 10 am, I'm hungry until after lunch.  Never fails.
Ok, and maybe, maybe not, Runts.

Symptoms:  Tired and HOT.  Now that it's 'technically' summer, it's weird because it's 10 degrees cooler than it's been.  Still hot but I'll take it.

Best Moment this week:  Hearing baby's heartbeat at the Dr. yesterday.  Oh, and seeing kiddo finally swim under water!

Had a great Dr. appointment yesterday.  BP was awesome (128/80, heck, that's almost normal!) and my weight was well, up there.  Doc said I looked great and was doing remarkably well given all my BP problems last time.  We talked more about the impending birth and how my sweet Labor and Delivery nurse friends are pushing for an early delivery date as well.  I love my friends.  They so look out for me.  I go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound to check her size, etc.  I love getting to see her sweet face so often!

It's still hard to believe I only have anywhere from 7-10 weeks left.
Yikes.  I better get on the ball!
Post a Comment