frolic

May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

This Mother's Day weekend was a special one.  I didn't get any fancy presents, no spa gift certificate, no dollar bills.  I did get some pretty special handmade cards from my kiddo.  I got to see my best friend and her family, even though I missed the most important part of their weekend, which I will NEVER live down. 

The absolute best part of my Mother's Day weekend?  My kiddo and I got along perfectly.  I mean, it was unreal.  We didn't fight one time.  I only had to get on to her a few times.  It was awesome.

Now for my 'real' present from the hubby.  He had to work yesterday so he told me I could have an entire day to myself next weekend.  But he will be having a lot more time on his hands very soon (more on that this week) so he's keeping the kiddo home with him next week (all week) to save us some money and spend some quality time with her.  Unfortunately, I will be out of town for work most of that week.  I just hope she is as good for him as she was for me this weekend.

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day.  Whether your mom is living or not, they are all still Mama's.  And there are many Mama's out there who have many 'adopted' children that love them as their own too.
Post a Comment