frolic

May 26, 2011

26 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 26 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby is about the size of a English hothouse cucumber, whatever that is.  What's wrong with a regular cucumber?

http://homecooking.about.com/od/garnishing1/ss/cukeboats.htm
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 20 lbs. Not exciting.

Gender: It's a GIRL!!

Movement:  Over the past week, I have finally been able to see her kick outside my stomach and other people can feel it now.  Sure makes it easier to know she's ok.  I will worry until delivery.  Once she's safely out, then I will be able to not worry.  Well, about that anyway.

Sleep:  I get up at least once or twice a night to go potty.  Other than that, I sleep pretty well.

What I miss:  Shaving my legs and painting my toenails are quickly becoming a thing of the past.  It's getting harder and harder to do those things.

Cravings:  I had an EXCELLENT milkshake at the airport coming home from Orlando last week.  So I've been sampling some others trying to find one that is just as good. So far, no success.

Symptoms:  Tired and HOT.  My room at night is at least 67 degrees and I still wake up hot.  I can feel the heartburn starting to creep in.  Hopefully, it will hold off longer.  Or else, I will have another kiddo with a full head of hair! 

Best Moment this week:  Watching kiddo feel baby sister kick for the first time.  She thought it was pretty cool and so did I!

I had a Dr.'s appointment yesterday and everything was fine. BP was about the same (138/82) which is high for some but normal for me when pregnant.  I go back in 2 weeks for the lovely glucose test.  My reward?  Another ultrasound to make sure baby is growing at the right rate.

Oh, and Dr. and I discussed delivery.  I told him that my family has enough September babies and we didn't want this one to join us then.  August is just fine.  So we are thinking about a plan. I told him mine and he said it sounded good.  We shall see.

I better get on the ball and get some stuff out of the attic.  Hopefully, while the hubby is not working, we can get that accomplished.  Thinking I might only have 11 or 12 or so weeks left, freaks me out slightly.

Oh, and the other fun fact??  Assuming the hubby goes back to work in the next few weeks, their next shutdown (when the shut down all machines and perform maintenance and clean, etc.) is scheduled for 2nd week in Sept.  Awesome.  That will be the first real test of how I can handle 2 on my own while he works 12 hour days for 2 weeks.  Good times.  Pray for my sanity.  Oh, and come pick up a kid, or 2.
Post a Comment