frolic

May 5, 2011

23 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 23 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby is about the size of a large mango.  According to ultrasound, she weighs about 1 pound and 2 ounces.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 16 lbs. If anybody's counting that's 6 pounds in 2 weeks.  Must.stop.donut.habit.  That's terrible.

Gender: It's a GIRL!!!

Movement:  Starting to pick up a bit more every day.

Sleep:  Never get enough.  Rolling over from my back to side or out of the bed is getting slightly more difficult but all in all, I still sleep pretty well.  Just not enough of it.

What I miss: Normal grocery shopping.  Weird, I know.  I hate the looks from people when I pick up a large bundle of mega roll toilet paper.  A girl has needs.
  And I like to buy in bulk.  Plus, it's that 'You shouldn't be picking up that girl' look when I pick up my kid and put her in the buggy.  Yes, she weighs 45 pounds.  But it's easier than her running around the store.  I swear, I'm sweaty and starving by the time we leave.

Cravings:  Still Cherry Icee's.  Mashed potato casserole.  Oh my. I ate WAY too much of that one night this week. Possibly where some of that 6 pounds came from...

Symptoms:  Tired and HOT.  And it will only get worse.

Best Moment this week:  Seeing baby girl yesterday on ultrasound.  Her behind is at the top of my belly but her hands and feet and face are at the bottom.  Heartbeat was 148 so that's good.

I don't think it sinks in anymore so than when you have an ultrasound that you are actually having a baby.  I'm grateful my Dr. orders them for me often.  It's so awesome to see those pics on the screen.  Makes everything even more real.

Blood pressure was slightly higher than last time but not bad.  Weight was my big concern though no one else in the office even said anything.

I've been given the ok to pick a name that I like and the hubby said he will pay when she wants to get it changed.  Hey, we have all been there. Just most of us don't do anything about it.  Now, I have to narrow down my list.  I honestly haven't had time to sit down and think about it.  Still thinking I might not tell anybody until she's here.  We'll see.

Oh, and PS.  My US was at 8:30 and my appt. followed.  I left work at 8:20 and was back at 9:40.  I love having my Dr. close.



Post a Comment