frolic

April 21, 2011

21 Weeks

I'm 21 weeks today!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 21 Weeks
21 weeks on the 21st. Kind of cool!
Size of baby: Baby is about the length of a carrot
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 10 lbs. ICK.

Gender: It's a GIRL!!!
Movement: Not as much as I would like at this point and I'm kind of wondering if my placenta is up front and 'blocking' it.  My Dr. said to see how it goes over the next 2 weeks and we will do an ultrasound when I come back then.  Heartbeat was strong so that's what matters right now.
Sleep:  Still the same.  Getting up a few times a night to potty.  I never get enough sleep.  Maybe in 18 years.
What I miss: This week I really missed being able to do normal things.  I helped with a big event here in town and could not lift things or help do normal tasks.  If I picked up a chair, I got yelled at.  It's frustrating for someone as independent as me.
Cravings: Lots of fruit - apples, strawberries, grapes, oranges, peaches, just to name a few.  Plus (not at the same time) those Icee/slushy things you can get at a convenience store.  The one I always go to has a broken one so I've had to find another. I have a feeling I will frequent that place the hotter it gets outside.
Symptoms: Still just still tired all the time. Exhausted this week.  Trying to catch up from last week.  And although it took 20 weeks, the inevitable finally happened.  I guess I ate too much junk on Friday and didn't get enough sleep that night.  I got sick early Saturday morning.  I had to be somewhere at 5 am and all the junk the day before didn't like the fact that I only had a few hours of sleep.  So there, all you haters of the non-sick, no more hating.

Best Moment this week: Hearing a rapid and healthy heartbeat yesterday.

I had a Dr. appointment yesterday.  My blood pressure was fantastic, for me.  124/72 is almost low for me when I'm pregnant.  I'm used to 130's/90's.  I've gained 10 pounds which I'm not happy about but I can't stress about either.

I go back in 2 weeks for another appointment and an ultrasound.  The Dr. could see I was nervous about not feeling baby move as much as we think she should be.  I told him I was going to be nervous with this child until delivery.  Having a miscarriage changes the way you think about an entire pregnancy.  I never thought it would, but it has.

And, just for the record, there will be no belly shots from me posted anywhere.  For some people, the look great.  Not me.  So no, will not be posting. If you want to see how I look big and fat and pregnant, come see me.
Post a Comment