frolic

March 11, 2011

Questions

Why is the first question everyone asks a pregnant woman is "Have you been sick?"

Do they really want to know the answer?

Do they want to hate you if you say no?

Do they want to sympathize with you if you say yes?

I don't get it.

I've been lucky.  I was only sick twice with the 1st kiddo.  I have not been sick at all with this one.  Thankfully.  I had about 1 week of nausea but luckily that's all it was.

So when I tell them no and I have to hear about how lucky I am.  I know I'm lucky.  Believe me.  I don't want to be puking every single day.  Nobody does.

But don't make me feel bad about not having been sick.

Really?

I think they just want to hate me.

Who knows?

Why not just a plain and simple, "Hi, how are you?"

I know people really do care.  It's just sometimes, I really think they want everyone to be as sick as they were.
Post a Comment