frolic

March 25, 2011

Cooking

I'll admit it.  I am not a cook.  I don't like it.  I don't have time for it.  My hubby thinks he's Alton Brown so he does nothing but tell me how he would have done it better.

Therefore, I don't cook.  Ok, I do sometimes when he's working 3-11 because I know he won't be there to eat it.  I like to cook casseroles and easy stuff and he hates that.  He thinks a meal should consist of at least 3 different things and a bread.

But with an already somewhat picky 4 year old and baby on the way, I realize I need to do better, for them.  My kiddo would eat mac and cheese or PBJ sandwiches every night if I let her. And that's easy. 

When you work all day and get home at 5:30 or 6:00 and then have to spend an hour cooking, by the time you scarf down the food, it's time for a bath and bed.  I would rather spend that time letting my kiddo ride her bike around the neighborhood or swinging in the backyard. No, I don't supervise her every move but I enjoy (most days) spending the evenings with her. She really craves an audience, even if it's just 1 person.

I guess what I am trying to say through all this is that I am curious if anyone has any easy and good recipes.  I'm talking like 4 ingredients (I like my 4 ingredient cookbook) with easy instructions.  I've started looking at Pioneer Woman's site and I LOVE how she shows pictures of the process.  That fits me to a TEE!  If it's not written in on the recipe, I'm not using/doing it.  I guess that's just because I'm OCD like that.

Most of you have my email or are friends on Facebook, so send them to me.  Or you can leave it in a comment.

I am sure my belly will appreciate you.  Just remember, simple and easy!
Post a Comment