frolic

March 19, 2011

Children Of God

I have some pretty awesome friends at my church.  I teach youth Sunday School 4 months a year with a great lady named Tracey.  She has the same love for Christian music that I do.  And she's a marathoner so she pushes and encourages me in my running days, which are few and far between right now.

One of my all-time favorite Christian artists is Third Day and has been for years.  Even when it was not cool to listen to Christian music in high school.  When I heard they were coming to Mississippi for the Make Your Move tour with Tenth Avenue North and Trevor Morgan, I was ECSTATIC.  The last time I saw Mac and friends was when I was pregnant with the kiddo.  My awesome sis in law and bro gave the hubby and I tickets for our birthdays that year.  We sat on about the 10th row for that one.  GREAT concert!!

So I asked the hubby (after looking at his work schedule and knowing he would be working days) if he wanted me to get tickets so we could go.  He said no because he knew we would be out late and he has to get up at like 5 am when he's on days.  Lame excuse but he has to have his 10 hours of sleep every day or he gets GRUMPY.

I was bummed that he didn't want to go and I couldn't find anybody else who wanted to go.  I posted on my Facebook status Thursday night that I sure wished I was headed to the concert.  Not 20 minutes later did my phone ring.  It was my friend Tracey.  I knew she had VIP tickets that her fiance had given her for her birthday.  I answered with this, "I want to hear every single juicy detail tomorrow."  She asked me what I was doing at that moment.  Her fiance had gotten sick at the last minute and decided to stay home. SHE HAD AN EXTRA VIP TICKET and didn't want it to go to waste. How can you say no to that?

I was very lucky the hubby was at kiddo's soccer practice.  I flew to the fields to check with him and make sure it was ok.  I think I will be in debt for a couple of days.

Long story short (ok, it's already long but I'll shorten it up now), we were on the end of the 3rd row.  I could practically smell Mac Powell (lead singer)!  We missed the meet and greet that was before everything started but we still got a free MOVE cd and a poster.

Poor Mac was not feeling well and you could tell he was not himself.  But he still gave one of the best concerts I have ever been to.  I know just about every single word to every single song they have ever sang.

As an encore, they came back out and sang one of current favorite songs by Third Day. The video is below.

This was my original post I was planning on posting but after the concert, I felt like it needed some extra stuff!!

 Original Post:
Oh my goodness.  I saw this video the other day for the first time on the K-Love website. I've heard the song MANY times but had never seen the video.

We've had a few friends adopt children from the US and other countries.  I admire that.  I know of other friends who are very interested in it.  I'm not sure if it's something I will ever do but I support it fully.  There are sooooooo many children out there who need a loving home with a Mom and a Dad.  I also love the fact that many of my favorite Christian bands are parents to numerous adopted children. What an amazing example!

I've been a fan of Third Day for as long as I can remember.  Even in high school when it wasn't cool to listen to Christian music.  I love Mac Powell and his voice.  Was super upset I couldn't find anyone to buy my tickets or go with me to their concert last week. (I wrote this original post on Wed., concert was Thursday)

Fair warning, get your kleenex ready and enjoy!  Make sure you watch all the way to the end. 





The true meaning of the song is that we are all adopted, by the same FATHER.  Man, amazing to think about.

After listening to Mac play the acoustic guitar and thousands sing the chorus to this song Thursday night, I am humbled.  It was amazing. Absolutely beautiful. Mac Powell has a gift and a heart for the Lord.

Thank you thank you thank you to Tracey and Steve.  I will never be able to repay you!
Post a Comment