frolic

March 14, 2011

Be still my heart...

My 4 year old seems to know just what to say and when to say it.  Yeah, to get her way.

Here is just a sampling of her wisdom.

At bedtime the other night, she was stalling.  Normal for us.

I said, "Good night. I love you.  I'll see you in the morning."

She said, "I bet you will love me more in the morning than you do tonight."

I said, "I bet I will!"

Then the next night, at bedtime, she wants me to rock her.  All 43 pounds of her.  I oblige because I know it won't be much longer that I'll only have 1 to rock.

She looks up at my sweetly and says, "Mama, I can't wait for August."

I said with a smile, "Why's that?"

She smiled back and said, "Because I LOVE being a big sister."

I told her I know she will be a great one too.

Oh, but before that, she told me that she wanted Cheetos.  I told her no since it was bedtime and we'd already brushed our teeth. 

She said, "No, your baby said he wanted Cheetos."

He. 

She also brought me her stethoscope and listened to my heart and baby's heart.  Then she made me listen to her heart.  She also likes to talk into one end so you can hear her. 

She said, "God said it's going to be a boy!"

Well, I checked the Chinese calendar today and it said girl.  We shall see.  Hopefully tomorrow.
Post a Comment