frolic

March 24, 2011

17 weeks

I'm 17 weeks today!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 17 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a turnip
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 5 lbs
Maternity Clothes: Pretty much all maternity pants just simply because they are more comfortable. I am still wearing some regular tops and some maternity ones. Had to buy some new capris this week because it was HOT.  I might not make it through summer. And, I think I'm going to delete this question going forward. Who cares?
Gender: Pretty sure it's a GIRL!!!  Dr. said he's 95% sure.  Will go back in 1 week to make sure. 
Movement: Every now and again I feel a flutter.  Soon enough, she will be kicking my ribs all day and night.
Sleep: I want to sleep all the time.  I want continuous sleep.  Guess that won't be for 18 years?
What I miss: Being able to lift things like a bag of dog food without asking for help!
Cravings: Kroger's Rainbow sherbet. YUMMY.
Symptoms: Just still tired all the time.
Best Moment this week: Hearing kiddo ask if we can save an old pair of her shoes to give to 'sister'. And her saying good morning and good night to my belly.  SOOO sweet.

Kiddo seems to be coming around.  We put together the crib over the weekend and she enjoyed 'helping'.  We put her in the crib when we got done to see if she even still fit.  She has about 5 inches to spare before she is the entire length of a baby bed.  Makes me sad.

Oh, and when asked what she wanted to name sister, she told me the same as her name!  Then she spouted off something that I couldn't even make out.  Then she chose one we kind of actually like.  But no, we are not picking yet.  I am sure she will let everyone know what we pick, when we pick it.
Post a Comment