frolic

March 17, 2011

16 Weeks and a Surprise

I know none of you care about any of this but I can't seem to remember a thing from my last pregnancy so I am trying to keep better notes this time.  Not that there will be a next time, but just for my brain to remember these things!

(Format borrowed from Kelly's Korner!)

I'm 16 weeks today!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 16 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby is the size of an avocado
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 5 lbs
Maternity Clothes: I still wear regular clothes, but sometimes they are the hubby's shirts and not mine.  Pants that button or zip are practically out of the question now. Made the move to some maternity clothes the past few days.  Right now, I'm still just fat.  Ask my daughter, she'll tell you.
Gender: Pretty sure it's a GIRL!!!  Dr. said he's 95% sure and he has 3 girls so I trust he is right.  Will go back in 2 weeks to make sure.  Baby gave us a pretty good shot and Dr. did not see boy parts which are usually pretty visible at this point.
Movement: Felt 'flutters' for the first time last week!
Sleep: I want to sleep all the time.  But I get up at least 2 or 3 times a night to potty.
What I miss: Being able to lift things like a bag of dog food without asking for help!
Cravings: Anything with peanut butter.
Symptoms: Just still tired all the time.
Best Moment this week: Feeling baby move for the first time! And finding out the gender!


I had a Doctor's appointment yesterday and everything went well.  Blood pressure was slightly higher but not alarmingly.  My bottom number was still 80 so that's good.  I've only gained 2 more pounds since the last time I went.  I'm pretty sure by this time last pregnancy I had gained like 20. Heartbeat sounded strong.  I go back in 2 weeks to double check the gender just to make sure they are no surprises.

I told the kiddo last night while she was in the tub.  I wanted to tell her in her own environment just in case of a meltdown.  She REALLY wanted a brother.  So when I told her it was going to be a sister, I got a big ole "AWWWWW, but I wanted a brother."  I figured she would play her "But God told me it was ok for a boy."  But she didn't.  Until it was bedtime.  We were in her bed talking and I asked her if she was going to tell all her friends about her sister.  She said she guessed but that she really wanted a brother.  We've known this for a long time so we've been prepping her for a girl since that's what hubby and I both thought it was going to be.  I told her she has lots of boys cousins that are like brothers (and she tells people that sometimes).  She said they weren't her brothers, they are her cousins and she still wants a brother.  Better talk to your Daddy about that one kiddo.  I think this is it for Mama!

So all in all, it went better than a thought. She's almost too smart for her own good.  I will see how it is once it really all sinks in. She keeps asking me when August will be here.  She's excited.  She was telling her teacher and her friends this morning when I dropped her off.  We shall see how long it lasts.

But, we are excited.  So Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Post a Comment