frolic

February 4, 2011

Tired

Whew, I'm tired. 

I'm physically tired.  I'm one that normally stays up until midnight because I can get so much done at my house once the kiddo is asleep. I don't see how you people who work and have kids get your house clean or do anything else at night and go to bed at 9 or 10.  But here lately, I can't keep my eyes open past about 10 or 10:30 even if I tried.  Not possible.  I'm ready to pass out at like 8.  A few weeks ago, I wasn't feeling well so I turned the kiddo over the the hubby and got in the bed at 6 pm!  Nice!  I didn't go to sleep until 8 because I had to finish reading The Help first. Great book, by the way.  I slept for a glorious 9 hours.  I haven't done that in years.  I'm good at functioning on little sleep.  The hubby on the other hand...if he doesn't get at least 8 hours, you can hang it up. the kiddo takes right after him.  Can we say attitude??

I'm emotionally tired too.  All this stress of the first trimester has really worn on me.  The crappy work schedule my hubby has doesn't help either.  And when he is home, he is in the 'man room' playing some game on the computer with his 'friends' in other countries.  Yet, the kiddo and I are in the next room and he rarely comes out of that room.  I've been tempted lately to go in and unplug everything and cancel our internet but I'm not exactly sure how he would take that. I would probably be a dead woman.  But he's 31 years old and it's time for him to grow up and take some responsibility.  Especially before baby #2 comes.  That's one reason we waited so long to even think about another kiddo.

I see other Dads that are doing stuff for the kids and their spouses and I get jealous.  I know, it's a bad trait I have.  But I envy them.   I long for that kind of help.  Yes, on some days he can be great.  But they are few and far between.

My house is  wreck.  I haven't had the energy to clean anything other than my floors.  And even those aren't very clean.  Would it kill someone else to put a dish in the dishwasher?  Hey KING OF LAZY WHO IS TEACHING THOSE TRAITS TO OUR DAUGHTER, it's not that hard. You get them in the sink, why not finish the job and put them in the dishwasher right NEXT TO IT.

Sorry folks, I just needed to get it off my chest.  And yes, the hubby does read the blog but that's not why I write about him.  Sometimes I just have to get it out or I will explode on the inside.

I think I just need a vacation or at least a day all to myself.  Selfish isn't it?  Just needed.  Maybe one day...
Post a Comment