frolic

February 2, 2011

Answers

I'm here to answer the question I know that at least 2 of you are thinking!


Why didn't we wait until the 12 week mark to tell people about our pregnancy?

For one, I don't keep secrets well.  Or so I've been told.  After all that's happened with us and after another 8 months of trying, we were pretty pumped.

The main reason the hubby convinced me to go ahead and start telling is that it was the kiddo's birthday party and we thought it would be cute for her to tell everyone. She seems pretty excited and tells most anyone that she comes in contact with these days that she's going to be a big sister.  She's had fun with and is counting her months until August. She even told our carpool buddy that she could meet her new baby brother in August.  For everyone's sake, this better be a boy or she is going to be DEVASTATED!

The last reason we were excited to go ahead and tell is that shortly after we learned we were expecting did we find out hubby's middle brother and his wife are also expecting baby #2, but in July.  She's officially 4 weeks ahead of me and we both delivered at 37 weeks.  They were the first (other than my Dr. and nurse) to learn our secret since I left the pics on my camera like an idiot. They kept our secret and told us theirs too.  It's been nice having someone going through it all at the same time.

So there you have it, I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow and I have the 2nd trimester in my sights!  So once again, we thank you and covet your prayers over (for sure) the next 2 weeks, and then the next months to follow.
Post a Comment