frolic

January 15, 2011

I finished.

It was not pretty but I finished.  And I was not last.  I was close to last but NOT LAST.  My time was around 1:19 so that's really not that terrible.  Course was HILLLLLLY, especially the first mile.  YIKES.  And it was chilly.  Luckily though, it was only about 40 degrees when we started.  Every other morning this week, it's been like 20!

HUGE props to my sweet friend Melissa.  She's been a runner for a while and has encouraged me along my journey.  She ran a half-marathon in Dec. and did not do well.  She said she was running with me today to gain some confidence.  Not sure how much I gave her because I made her run SLOW, even though I told her to leave me at any time she wanted.

There were people cheering for us all throughout the course.  Even some people I knew!

A few things I learned today were that 1) I am not as in shape as I thought I was and I should have started with a 5K, 2) Our downtown area is NOT the place to have a nice leisurely 6.2 mile run, and 3)  I actually can do it if I put my mind to it.

And although I did not win a coveted 'chili bowl' trophy, I did get to meet season 10 Biggest Loser winner, Patrick House and get my picture made with him!  Melissa has the picture on her computer so I can't prove it, yet.

Thanks for all the prayers!  They were felt. 
Post a Comment