frolic

January 19, 2011

Four Years Old

If you were anywhere within a 100 mile range of my kiddo last week, you KNEW that she was turning 4!  She's not a quiet child by any means.

We went to see the Dr. on Monday, along with 100 of our closest friends, due to it being a holiday for most.  Not for me.  I didn't even think about the date when I made the appointment months ago.

Kiddo is such an overachiever!  She weighs a whopping 43 pounds and is a whopping 43 inches tall.  I mean, she's 4 years old and 5 inches away from being 4 feet tall.  This is hard for me to fathom.

She is growing up too fast.

But the best part of her turning 4?

4 year olds don't whine, or cry, anymore.  Unless completely necessary.   Like when she got her flu shot Monday.  A few tears are TOTALLY called for when you have a needle stuck in your arm.

We'll see how long this no crying or whining thing will last.  We had a LONNNNNG talk about it on Jan. 11.  So far it's not been too bad.  But I totally reserve the right to post in another week about how whiney she's been.

Now, to get ready for the Princess' party this weekend.  She has a very special present that she has yet to get.  She's already gotten a coloring book, DVD, remote control car with GeoTrax (I know, not very girly huh?), some new PJ's, books, puzzles, shoes, purses and money.  Whew. She has racked up over the past few weeks.

Here's hoping to a whine-free year.  A girl can dream right?  Even though I know it will come back to bite me in the rear.
Post a Comment