frolic

December 4, 2010

Friends

Remember that old saying, "You can pick you nose, you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your friend's nose?"

Is that really true?

Can we really pick our friends?

I think our friends are sent to us, not by chance.

You can choose to NOT be friends with someone.  That decision is yours.

Friendship shouldn't be work.  It should come naturally.  If God puts someone in your life, cherish it.  Nourish it. 

BUT, it's a two-way street.  There comes a time when you get tired of trying to keep it together.  Sometimes you just have to fish or cut bait as my boss says.  I'm not saying cut them out entirely, I'm just saying, cherish the ones closest to you and pick and choose your battles.  Some things just aren't meant to be.

I am blessed with some pretty good friends.  Some have been around for a long time, others are recent pals.  They are all the same nonetheless.  I am a very lucky lady for each of you!

Again, in the words of some of my favorite girls, thank you for being a friend!
Post a Comment