frolic

December 30, 2010

Christmas Decorations

Today is December 29th in case you didn't know.  We have not celebrated New Year's yet.  I usually disassemble and put up all my Christmas decorations on New Year's Day.

Well, this year is different. 

Why you ask?

Well, for one thing, there is a very important football game on New Year's Day.  Gator Bowl.  Jacksonsville, FL.  Been a LONG time since I have watched my Bulldogs play on NY Day!  Go Dawgs!  Beat Michigan!

The other thing is that I would rather be packing for...

THE BEACH! 

That's right folks.  Kiddo, my mom, and I are headed to Orange Beach on Tuesday night.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!  Indoor pool.  No one around but security guard.  We are looking forward to a little spending of Christmas money at the Tanger outlets and maybe some Yogi Bear or Tangled at the movie theater.

How is all that possible you ask?

I have the best friend in all the world.  Lisa has been at the beach for 3 weeks and although I am sure she would never leave if you didn't make her, the kids have to go back to school.  So she offered me the last bit of her time at the 4 bedroom, 3 bath condo.

It will be heavenly.  The only thing that would be better is if my sis in law decided to come along and bring her kiddos or if the hubby could come.  But Mom and I will make the most of it. And I know the kiddo will have a blast.  We are telling her it's an early birthday present.

So, this time next week I'll be looking at this from Lisa's blog.




Post a Comment