frolic

November 18, 2010

Regret

Day 18 - Something you regret

Ah, regrets.  Everyone has them.  If you don't, you aren't human.

I have many regrets.  But, there is nothing I can do about them now.

There is one thing that keeps sticking in my mind that I have yet to forgive myself for.

I made a statement not long ago.  6 words.  And it came back to haunt me.  I won't elaborate much because there are only a couple of people that even know of the statement.  It was such an innocent comment at the time.  Now, it consumes me.

It was not a comment directed at anyone, only myself.  That's the hardest part.

There is nothing I can do to 'take back' what I said.  I would give anything to try though.  The people that know about it, have all told me that I can't dwell on it.  Easier said than done.  Much easier.

I'm praying about it.  I've been praying about it.  I will continue to pray about it.  And I'm lucky to have friends that will ride on the journey with me.

NO REGRETS!  Leave it all out there.

Like I said, easier said than done.  How do you forgive yourself?
Post a Comment