frolic

November 10, 2010

Afraid

Day 10 - Something you're afraid of

I am scared of this post.  It was the one I noticed right off the bat that caught my eye.  

I'm afraid of the usual.  Spiders, SNAKES, and sometimes ants (I'm allergic).

I'm deathly afraid of something happening to my child, my husband, my parents, my family, my friends.

There is one thing I've been afraid of for a long time.  This is hard to write.

I have always been somewhat afraid to share the plan of salvation with someone.  It used to be so easy when I was younger and helping out with backyard Bible studies.  We just went through the colors of the bracelet.  As I got older, it got more difficult.

I like to believe that I live my life as a pretty good Christian.  Yes, I am not perfect, but no one is.  There are other ways to witness to people than just sharing the plan of Salvation.  I show them in love and good deeds and kindness.  

I never really thought about this change in my until some time over the last year.  When you lose someone in your life and you aren't sure about their salvation, it's hard.  I have dealt with this guilt for a long time.  The not knowing of what I could have done more for this person. 

Then, in the sweet innocence of a 3 year old in my backseat Sunday morning on the way to church, we talked about how we get Jesus into our heart.  She's smart enough to grasp the concept.  While I don't think she's ready to walk down the isle at church or anything, her sweet little mind is rolling.  I'm glad to be a part of it.  Pretty awesome to see how God works.  Especially through the eyes of a child.  And later during Sunday School, it was good to share things with some pretty cool teenagers.

Who knows, maybe it's time to overcome this fear.  There's always a snake or spider out there to be afraid of!
Post a Comment