frolic

October 12, 2010

Perfection

Remember the game many of us have played before as kids called Perfection?

Basically, you try and beat the clock by getting all the pieces in the 'perfect place'? If you didn't complete it within the 60 second round, the tray popped up and the pieces went flying.

Good times right?

First off, why is it that we try and time perfection? 

Do we not realize that we are not perfect?  Nor, will we ever be?

I know I am not perfect.  Never have been.  Never will be.  I'm ok with that.

But what most people don't realize is that there is no amount of money or fame or 'things' that can make you perfect.  No amount of plastic surgery (insert your own Speidi comment here) can make you better than what you already are.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a few things to make me better, but never perfect.

There is only one person who has ever been, or will be, perfect.  His name is God and He lives in my heart.  He gave up His ONLY son for us because we were not perfect.  We have all sinned.  We all sin.  We all will sin.

Two of my favorite passages are:
James 1:17:
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Psalm 139:14:
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

I've known for a very long time that I was not perfect.  GASP!  I know!  It's a hard concept to grasp.  But God made us each special in our own way, perfect in His eyes.

So why do we all strive for perfection?  I'm not sure.  Maybe to be more like Him?  Or maybe to be more like someone else? 

Why do you strive for perfection??

Post a Comment