frolic

October 6, 2011

Breast Cancer Awareness

Here is a post I did this time last year and unfortunately there is still no cure.  We must continue to fight.  A year later, I've known even more women affected by this horrible disease.
_______________________________________________________________

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Breast Cancer affects so many people in this world today and it makes me sick. I've seen friends battle it, families battle it, strangers battle it and some of them lose the battle. The ones I know personally that have survived it are much stronger women that I. Their faith is amazing and never faltering. It's amazing and terrifying to watch, all at the same time.

I hope they will one day find a cure for all cancer. I do believe God has a time and a place for everything, even cancer, and my hope is that all the people going through get a chance to know Him through their journey.

Here is a video I saw that brings tears of joy to my eyes! It's so sweet and inspiring. Healthcare workers are truly a blessing to someone, especially going through cancer.



So in honor of October, make sure that you all do a self breast exam weekly and/or get or schedule a mammogram. Early detection is the key. And no age is unaffected.

If you want to read a truly inspiring story of a young woman (younger than ME) who lost her fight with breast cancer shortly after giving birth to their first child, go here to read about the Sullivan's journey. But, I warn you, be ready to cry. It's an amazing story of how their faith has prevailed.
Post a Comment