frolic

September 28, 2010

Books

My friend Lisa always talks about how she's seen too many Disney Pixar movies and that she sometimes envisions the trees outside her office talking.

I think I've started doing something similar with books. I love to read. There is nothing better than reading a good book, not listening to it or reading it with a device (cell phone, Kindle, etc).

I mostly read 'Whodunit' type novels. James Patterson, Sue Grafton, Kyra Davis, etc. I think I've read too many of them because as soon as I start the book, I try and figure out who the bad guy is. All these writers are very good and they want you to believe that one person is the killer/thief/etc. I've figured them out. I know pretty soon at the beginning that it's not the 'obvious' person so I am too busy trying to figure out who the right villain is. Sometimes I think I miss the point of the book because I'm too busy trying to 'figure it out.'

One of the best books I have read lately is called Still Missing by Chevy Stevens. Word to the wise this one: Don't read it while you are home alone and except to finish it in a very short amount of time. The author hooks you from the first page and it's HARD to put it down. I usually fall asleep at night reading but this one was so good, I had to MAKE myself put it down and go to sleep!

Another one is Kyra Davis' Sex, Murder, and a Double Latte. I know, catchy title. But it's really well written and I did not figure out who the bad guy was. I had an idea but dismissed it at one point. Then at the end, BAM, she threw a curve ball. Great book!


One of my favorite things to do during the summer is to float in my pool and read a good book. The pool has now been drained and it's kind of depressing. But the good books are still to be read. I'm on my 2nd Kyra Davis book and can't wait to figure out who the villain is!
Post a Comment