frolic

August 11, 2010

Surprising

It's amazingly surprising what an almost 3.7 year old can make you do. 

First, let me set the scenario for you.


My kiddo went to my parent's house last night after gymnastics since the hubby and I were still doing funeral related things. When I got there to pick her up, she was headed out with my Dad, Papaw, on the 4-wheeler. This is, by far, one of her favorite thing to do at anybody's house that is out in the country. And she loves my Dad. They are thick as thieves. Mom and I were chilling in the AC, and after a few minutes, we heard them come back. Well, we heard the kiddo screaming in as she came in the back door. My sweet Daddy ran in and threw her on his bed (gently) and lathered her stomach up with Aloe Vera that was cold out of the fridge. Thus, a little more screaming. Only then did Mom and I realize that she had been stung by a wasp on her belly. OUCH!

They had been to the pond to refill the fish feeder and Dad said he had just checked it over the weekend for wasps. They apparently like to make 'homes' near the feeder. Well, he didn't check before they got to it tonight. One managed to fly in her shirt and sting her belly before Dad whisked her away, in a sprint, which is no small feat for my 65 year old Dad! I honestly think her was more upset about it than the kiddo!

A few minutes later, she persuaded me to let her stay for supper.

"Sure," I said. Why not? She eats better there than at home, or anywhere else. She made Papaw sit down and eat with her too, which I think made him happy!

After she ate and she showed off what she had learned in 'ginnastics' as she calls it, she called us all in the kitchen.

The conversation went a little like this:

Kiddo: "Everybody! Let's hold hands."

Me: "Why?"

Kiddo: "So we can do Ring Around the Rosies."

Me: "You're kidding?"

Kiddo: "Ring around the rosies. Pocket full of posies. Ashes, Ashes, we all fall down."

And yes, we all 3 proceeded to 'fall down' as much as a 30 year old, 60 year old and 65 year old can  (Yes Mom, don't kill me, I just put your age up there)! And, we laughed the entire time.

LUCKILY, we weren't made to do it again. And again. And again.

It was such a sweet moment that was needed after a tough day.

E
Post a Comment