frolic

August 13, 2010

Prayer

When people tell you they are praying for you, do they really mean it or is it just the 'thing to say' these days?

I see all over Facebook when someone is sick or hurting, etc. and everyone says, "Oh, we are praying for you." Do they really mean it?

It just really bugs me for people to say it and they aren't doing it. Just because it's the thing to say? Really, really annoys me. Don't just say it because it's what everybody else says.

Unless all 10 gazillion people on Facebook are all the praying type (which I doubt) there are a few people not telling the truth! But, who am I to say who's the praying type or not?

But that's ok, I mean it when I say it. Just sat down at my desk to do some talking with my God!

And, if you are the praying type, would you mind saying a prayer for my friend Angela and her husband Cliff. He's a hard-headed man (aren't they all?) that has not felt well in a while and would not go to the Dr. He finally went not long ago, only to find out he has Hodgkin's. They went to the oncologist yesterday and this is what she just emailed me.

We went to the Oncologist yesterday. He has stage 3 Hodgkins Lymphoma. It is in his neck, stomach and pelvis. He goes Monday for a heart and lung test if those come out ok he will get a port put in and start chemo. He has to go every other week for 6 months. After 2 months they will do another pet scan to see if it is working. 


So I know they could use some prayers. Their oldest child and only daughter is leaving next week for college and was so excited to go and now is not so sure. This is going to be a hard time for their sweet family (they also have 2 boys still at home). I know my God is greater than any of this and He has a plan for them. It's just not going to be an easy road getting there.


Thanks!


E
Post a Comment