frolic

August 31, 2010

Five Songs, Maybe


List five songs you would have with you on a desert island and why.
Please don't judge.

This was harder than I thought!

Listed in no particular order:

1) 'Shoop' by Salt and Pepa. There is just something about it that makes you get up and dance. May not have the best lyrics but it sure puts you in a good mood. Shoop shoopy dooby, like Scooby Dooby!

2) Anything by Third Day or Casting Crowns or Mercy Me. I have no favorites, I love them all. Mac Powell (Third Day lead singer) has the most amazing, different voice that is so soothing to me. Bart Millard (Mercy Me lead man) is so funny and a great songwriter. Mark Hall (Casting Crowns) has such a great knowledge of the Bible that he freely shares. These groups are so uplifting and I know I could survive the island with them!

Third Day

Casting Crowns
Mercy Me

3) Tainted Love by Soft Cell. Sure makes me shake my head! Or maybe some Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham. Both are great 80's songs that lift my spirits!

4) Can I just pick a genre? Anything from the 80's or 90's. I'd be fine with most anything from then. Nixon's, Oasis, Offspring, Police, Rick Springfield, U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Semisonic, Violent Femmes, Sublime, Bush, Counting Crows, and the list goes on. See, to hard to pick!

Ok, so that's only 4 but it's really like 100 so I'll just leave it at that. Help me if I am ever stranded on a deserted island. Then again, if it has a nice beach and is quiet, that won't be such a bad thing? As long as they have some air conditioning.

E
Post a Comment